The program is given in Hebrew
Joint Master’s Program in Economics (M.Sc.)
This program is a study and research (thesis) program offering a joint master’s degree in economics (M.Sc.) from the Technion and the University of Haifa.
The joint program in economics aims to deepen and broaden students’ theoretical knowledge of economics, and to develop their expertise in specialist subjects. The program introduces students to the most advanced economics research. Graduates of the program can expect to find work in a research capacity in the private sector or in academia.
Specialization in Behavioral Economics (new track)
As part of the MSc in economics we offer a new specialization track in Behavioral Economics. The curriculum in this new specialization track combines classical economics education with new and modern aspects such as social and sentimental factors, cognitive biases, unique psychological traits and bounded rationality. Acceptance criteria to the new track are the same as for the general MSc program. The track requirements are similar to those of the general program apart from the following changes: the courses Macro Economics 1 and 2 are no longer required and the mix of electives is different.
The Faculty encourages interdisciplinary research and cross-field cooperation. A student from any study field may choose an academic supervisor from the faculty staff.
- Artificial Intelligence (neural networks, computational learning, natural language processing…)
- Electronic Markets and Electronic Commerce
- Viral Processes (viral, ideas..) in human or computer communities
- Cognitive Robots (artificial intelligence and robotics)
- Game Theory and Decision Making
- Software Engineering (complex systems modeling and analysis)
- Knowledge and Data (information) Management
- Mathematical Logic and program verification
- Probability and Stochastic Processes
- Service Engineering (queue systems in hospitals, banks etc.)
- Data-based Operation Research
- Efficient Optimization
- Behavioral Economics
- Marketing and Strategic Theories
- Supply Chain in Dynamic and Multi-data environment.
- Various subjects in Information and Data Science.
- Network algorithms
- Distributed algorithms
- Self stabilizing systems
- Optimization in the face of uncertainty
- Network security and fault tolerance