The Service Engineering website contains many research papers, reports, lectures and other resources on the research topics, described above.
Our Colleagues and Co-Authors:
Ata Baris, University of Chicago, Booth Scholl of Business
SEE (International) Outreach:
Joint Technion – Penn State University Workshop on Service Engineering, June 2007:
- On the Faculty of Industrial Engineering & Management
- On Pennsylvania State University
- Investment Evaluation under Uncertainty Using Activity-Based Costing
- Logistics and Supply Chains
- Nursing Manpower Allocation in Hospitals
- Power-of-Two Policies for Single Warenhouse Multi-Retailer Inventory Systems with Order Frequency Discounts
- Revenue Management under Competition and Uncertainty
- Prof. M.Jeya Chandra (Jey)
- Prof. Yale Herer
- Prof. Jose A. Ventura
MSOM 2010 Conference. Technion, Haifa, June 2010:
- Empirical Adventures in Call Centers, Emergency Departments, … Mandelbaum A.
- Emergency Department (ED): The Case for Service Engineering. Marmor Y.
- On the Accuracy of Delay-History-Based Predictors in Large Call Centers. Armony M.
- Skill Based Routing: Data-Based Review and Research Prospects (Part II: Staffing and Routing). Gurevich I.
- Uncertainly in the Demand for Service: The Case of Emergency Department and Call Centers. Zeltyn S.
- Queueing Systems with Heterogeneous Servers: On Fair Routing from Emergency Departments to Internal Wards. Tseytlin Y.
- Design and Inference of a Call Center with an Answering Machine (IVR) Khudyakov P.
- The Erlang-R Queue: Time-Varying QED Queues with Reentrant Customers in Support of Healthcare Staffing. Yom-Tov G.
- Data-Based Service Engineering (Science, Management) in Call Centers, Hospitals… Mandelbaum A.