Faculty Positions: Industrial Engineering and Management, Technion
The faculty of Industrial Engineering & Management solicits candidate applications for a tenure track position starting Oct 2023. The application submission deadline is Nov 30, 2022.
The Faculty of Industrial Engineering and Management of the Technion (IE&M@Technion) has multiple tenure-track faculty positions available at its Technion campus, located in Haifa, Israel. The Technion is the leading technical university in Israel and Haifa hosts a vibrant, cutting-edge high-tech industry, with strong ties to the research fields of the faculty. The Technion is the home of Nobel prize laureates, groundbreaking research and fundamental intellectual contributions, and is recognized as a prime contributor to the Israeli start-up industry.
IE&M@Technion is a home for multidisciplinary research activities, largely focused around the fields of data science and engineering, mathematics, behavioral sciences and management sciences. Our research spans over:
- Theory of machine learning and artificial intelligence and their applications to fields like natural language processing, computer vision, information retrieval and robotics.
- Optimization: continuous and discrete, convex and non-convex, batch and online, deterministic and stochastic, as well as design and analysis of efficient and effective optimization algorithms.
- Theory of probability and statistics and their applications to fields like complex system analysis, medical data analysis, operations management, and finance.
- Economics and computation: game theory, algorithmic game theory, mechanism design, auctions and behavioral economics.
- Management sciences: marketing, project management, production systems and scheduling, supply chain management, finance, e-commerce.
- Behavioral sciences: behavioral economics, organizational behavior, cognitive processes, human factors engineering, consumer psychology.
IE&M@Technion has long been a powerhouse of groundbreaking and award winning research in the above fields. The faculty offers a friendly environment which supports top quality research and opportunities for multidisciplinary collaboration. With its wide span of academic fields and a long history of excellence, it provides a unique combination of intellectual depth and a real world impact.In addition to its traditional BSc degree in industrial engineering and information systems, since 2015 IE&M@Technion offers a BSc degree in data science and engineering, the first of its kind in the world. The faculty further offers MSc degrees under the above titles as well as in operations research and behavioral sciences in addition to an MBA program.
Tenure-track faculty must hold the equivalent of a Ph.D. Applicants must have demonstrated an ability to conduct outstanding research. Successful candidates are expected to pursue an active research program, to teach graduate and undergraduate courses, and to supervise graduate students.
To ensure full consideration, applications should be received by December 1st, but will be accepted until all open positions are filled.
Applicants should submit a curriculum vitae and statements of research and teaching interests, identify up to three top papers to which they have made significant contributions, and provide the names of at least three reference letter writers.
The submission should be done by email to email@example.com The email should clearly state the intent of the applicant to be considered as a candidate for a tenure-track faculty position at the Faculty of Industrial Engineering and Management, Technion.